a presentation of ... Creative Healing, LLC
|Posted by Karen M. Wyatt on July 31, 2016 at 8:40 PM|
Thursday August 11, 2016
10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern
Join Dr. Karen Wyatt and her guest Adriana Corral, founder of Planting Legacies, a small business in South Florida, providing programs and service for the bereaved, along with providing assistance for the indigent. Adriana has a vision to lower the cost of dying in America and make sure that no one has to do without funeral and burial services due to financial limitations. She will describe her creative approaches to bereavement and also how her organization reaches out to the deaf community.
In this interview you will learn about:
- How impoverished families cope with end-of-life issues
- How Planting Legacies helps these families obtain funeral and burial services through the Family Funeral Alliance Program
- "One Stitch at a Time" - a creative approach to bereavement and how you might bring it to your community
- "Eating Grief Away" - Adriana's unique workshop involving grief and cooking
- The needs of the deaf community regarding end-of-life issues
Adriana Corral founded Planting Legacies in 2016, inspired by her own history with grief and her work in the funeral industry. Her father's death when she was 23-years old made Adriana aware of the lack of support and bereavement services for financially challenged families. She worked in the non-profit arena for 15 years and then pursued training to become a Licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer, Certified Celebrant and Home Funeral Consultant, as well as a Certified Raw Foods Chef.
She has combined all of her education and personal experiences in her creation of Planting Legacies, a community based business for the bereaved and grieving population. She works with families to create meaningful ceremonies to honor their loved ones. Planting Legacies offers burial information and options; connects the bereaved with community programs and projects; networks with funeral homes, churches and cemeteries; and promotes healthy living and earth-friendly practices.